Wednesday, October 7, 2015

First Day in Paris

I arrived in Paris around noon. It was an interesting flight. The announcements were in made in Spanish, French, then English. I was staying at my first ever AirBNB booking and the host put that  check in was 7pm. I made my way to the metro station and booked a ticket to my host's stop. The metro was easy to navigate and I only had to change trains once.

I arrived at my destination around 1pm. I had looked online on the museum's policy on backpacks. I found out when arriving to the Cathedral Notre Dame that there was a limit on the size of the bag you could bring inside. I was allowed to go into the Cathedral but it looked like I would have to wait till the next day to do all the other sightseeing. I ended up staying in a coffee shop that offered free WiFi until my host would arrive.

I made my way to the apartment around 7pm. I met my host in the stairwell of the building. There were several other people staying with him during my stay. One lady who was about 50 named Monica who was from Argentina and only spoke Spanish and another guy named Matthew who was from Lyon and was a Rugby player. Monica was not back so Matthew, my host, Thebalt, and I decided to go out. The apartment was located in the Latin Quarter of Paris. It got it's name from being one of the oldest areas and most of the people who lived there were students or professors who would speak Latin. It was a bustling area.

Matthew, Thebalt, and I found a place where they were showing the rugby championship. It was a wonderful evening that ended with swing dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment