Thursday, October 8, 2015

Second Day in Paris

Breakfast was at 7am. My options were French pressed coffee, water, toast, and toast with raspberry jam.

Sadly, Matthew was leaving for Lyon. He invited me to visit him but I had Paris to discover. I started off at the place I've dreamed of going since my first art history class, the Louvre. The line was reasonable and it took about 20 minutes to get a ticket and get into the exhibitions. The secret I found out online was to go to the entrance underground through the mall.

I was able to see everything my little heart desired. It's amazing to see the difference in a masterpiece in front of you and from a picture.

I kept seeing a huge flower display outside in the center courtyard of the Louvre. I say a bit later that is was for the Dior fashion show. I had lucked out and was in Paris for fashion week. After walking through all of the exhibits I excited through the underground mall. I noticed that there was a line with extremely well dressed people leading into a room with thousands of clothes and people running about like their hair was on fire. I decided to get in the line. There was a bag check by two burly men and then you were allowed to go into the big tent and sit. You were only allowed to take picture if you had a pass.

I had made it into the Dior fashion show! I think I saw Rhiannon in the front row but it was very dark. The clothes were amazing and I could not believe my luck.

After the show I got some fancy macaroons and had a bit of a picnic in the park. I then walked around the Seine river looking at the artwork. When my feet had enough I headed to the apartment to rest up for the next day.

3 comments:

  1. OMG - Dior AND macaroons!!?? I am beyond jealous!! Loving your pics and blog posts Ash!! Miss ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am officially in awe of you! Can't wait to hear all the juicy details and favorite stops when you get back...Elmo is doing his best to soldier on without you.

    ReplyDelete