Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Third Day in Paris

I decided to go to Versailles and try to get back and visit museum D'orsay. It took about an hour's metro ride to get to Versailles from Paris. I purchased the ticket to see all of the grounds for one day. There were several signs warning about pickpockets so I decided to you my camera for all of the pictures. There were a ton of people when I arrived and I'll upload the magnificence of Versailles when I'm back to the states.

This was probably the most ambitious day of my trip. I was able to see all of the main castle, the gardens, and the five other properties on the estate. A lot of people opted to take the little train from the different points of interest. The lines were extremely long for the train so I decided to do all of it by foot.

The weather was incredible and the lavishness with which the royalty lived at the time was mind blowing. I grabbed a meal and then headed off to the museum. I was very lucky to get the student discount and got to see some incredible art. I think the museum D'orsay is my favorite venue. It's located in a concerted train station. I then walked to the grand palace and the Eiffel tower. Then made it back to the apartment through the main shopping streets. I have never seen so many beautiful clothes in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment