Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Last Day in Paris

The French have a lovely word for wanderer it's called a flaneur. I decided that is what I would be on my last day in Paris, a flaneur, with purpose. My host recommended that I go to the Chappelle with the best stainglass windows in the world. We had a bit of a misunderstanding and I thought he meant the Sacred Heart Cathedral. I started my trek in the morning.

Paris is almost better without maps because it's all about what beautiful view you find along the way. The experience of walking around in Paris is almost like walking art. The food, people, and architecture have an element of refined elegance.

The Moulin Rouge was along the way to the Cathedral so I stopped and took a picture. Then went to the looming Cathedral on top of a hill. They have a lift for the Cathedral but I opted to take the stairs. I was about halfway up the stairs that I understood why there was such a long line for the lift. It views of Paris from the top were wonderful. I walked around the Cathedral and then decided to head to the opera house.

The opera house was closed at the time and there were several walk through clothing exhibits from various design houses throughout Paris. I then walked to the Chappelle that my host recommended and got in line. The stained glass windows were spectacular. I decided to end my last night in Paris by having a picnic in the Luxemburg Gardens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment